Create your own personalized map themes by customizing topics, their connecting lines, connections, boundaries, as well as the map background.
Creating a custom theme
Click on the File List Menu, then go to Themes to access the Theme Editor:
Click on the plus icon (+) from the left-side to create a new theme
- Select one of the 4 options - normal map, concept map, organigram, timeline.
Your custom themes will be displayed on the left side.
The Theme Editor gives you the possibility to quickly change the way your topics look like, level by level (central topic, main topics, level 2 subtopics, etc.).
- Open the context menu of a topic. You only need to customize one topic per level, as this will propagate to all the topics on that level.
- Set the topic's color, shape, paddings, and change the topic's border color/weight.
- Change the topic's text format/alignment, font size/color/family, and background color.
- Personalize the topic's connecting lines
- More options panel - here you'll find the options to copy-paste or to clear topic's style.
Outside the Theme Editor, all subtopics added beyond level 10 will have, by default, the same style as level 10 subtopics.
Customize the topics' connecting lines
- Open the context menu of a topic.
- Go to the third icon to access the Connections panel.
- Choose a connection type: elbow, curve, angle, no line, etc.
Change the connecting lines' anchor points, weight, colors, and the distance between topics/branches
By adding labels to your relationships, you can explain the connection between two topics.
- Click on the relationship to see the yellow circles, and drag them to manually adjust the relationship's orientation
- The triangle on the label opens up the context menu
Change the relationship's color, shape, weight, pattern, and arrows.
Boundaries will help you highlight a certain branch in the map.
- Click on the boundary to see the triangle and click on it to open the context menu.
- Select the desired boundary style and color.
Set the boundary's border color, weight, and pattern.
Map background customization
Right-click on your map to open the menu.
- Set the background color.
- Add a pattern to the map background (square, diagonal lines, etc.).
- Add an image as background by inserting the image URL.
- Browse your computer and add your own image as background.
- Personalize the fit (cover, center, etc.), or the levels of opacity and blur of your background.
Saving a custom theme
- To save the theme, click on the Save icon from the top.
- Your custom themes - click on the context menu to clone, delete or move themes up and down in the list.
- Click on the default themes icon to see the list of available themes.
Export - Import your themes.